Monday, January 28, 2008

MIND-BLOWING MUFFINS!













love love love
love
The other day I made some muffins that were soooooooooooooo good. I think what made them special to me is that the base recipe was my Gramma Norberg's. The rest consisted of add-ins I had on hand in my fridge, pantry, etc.
love
I'm a lover of layered flavors . . . maybe that's some kind of metaphor for the way I enjoy a multi-layered (sometimes crazy) life! All I know is that the banana mixing with chocolate and citrus was a delight to my taste buds.

Try 'em! If you like layered-flavors, you'll definitely like these!

Gramma's Banana Bread Muffins
love
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
2 eggs
2 cups flour (1 cup cake/ 1 cup bread) - (I use all purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 bananas (mashed)

love love love lovelovelovelovelovelovelove love Gramma & my momlove
love
Cream first three ingredients in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer. Gently mix in the the remaining ingredients. Pour into greased muffin tins, dust each muffin with a teaspoon of granulated sugar and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

My Add-Ins:

1/2 bar of Ghirardelli chocolate bar, cut into chunks (chocolate chips would be fine, too)
Rind from one orange (grated on a rasper)
Juice from same orange
1 small package of Macadamia nuts (or whatever nut you have on hand)

After mixing ingredients for the standard recipe, stir in the following, then follow the rest of the above directions.

(I've also added a can of crushed pineapple with the nuts. Yum!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! These muffins sound orgasmic! Better than sex! I love the new photos on the blog, too! Very artistic. . .

Love,

Cheri